Lab COVID-19 Trust Score
VereCoV™ Detection Kit is a multiplex RT-PCR and microarray-based test. This test is for use in conjunction with the VerePLEX™ Biosystem. The test is intended for qualitative detection, differentiation and identification of the following viral RNA in a single test.
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome-related Coronavirus (SARS-CoV)
VereCoV™ Detection Kit and VerePLEX™ Biosystem are issued with Provisional Authorisation from the Heath Sciences Authority (Singapore) as medical devices to supply in Singapore intended for In-vitro Diagnostic (IVD) use.
- Approved by HSA (Singapore) for research use only.
- Multiplex amplification reactions
- Multiple probes per target ensures reliable detection
- Small sample volume requirement
- Fast and programmable temperature ramp rate
- Scalable for high throughput
- PCR yield is comparable to standard thermal cyclers
- Functional validation of hybridization for each assay is provided by an internal positive hybridization control
- Proprietary microfluidic interface: contact surfaces are biocompatible and do not inhibit the PCR reaction
- Short-time required for fluidic operations
Speed; viral RNA samples to results in less than 2.5 hours.
Specificity; detection of specific targets for 2019-nCoV and SARS-CoV without cross-reactivity with other coronaviruses such as OC43, 229E, KhU1, NL63.
Comprehensive; qualitatively detect 2019-nCoV with the additional capability of detecting a subset of SARS-CoV simultaneously within the same test.
Mobile; the VerePLEX™ Biosystem is designed to be portable for usage at areas such as checkpoints and borders.
Easy to Use; the simple workflow allows for minimally trained or non-scientific personnel to run tests.
Updates Available; probes can be updated quickly to include new mutations of the evolving coronaviruses and ensure the right coverage of detection.
The VerePLEX™ Biosystem combines molecular biology, microfluidics and microelectronics to bring the future of diagnostics and surveillance to you today. The VerePLEX™ Biosystem, along with the VereChip™, is a breakthrough in innovation, integrating two powerful molecular biological technologies: PCR and Microarray. VerePLEX™ Biosystem includes the following components:
- Temperature Control System (5 random access modules)
- Optical Reader
- Biosystem Software
- Barcode Reader
- Today Online (10 Mar 2020) https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/new-covid-19-test-kit-deployed-all-spore-checkpoints-detects-its-first-imported-case
- Channel News Asia (05 Mar 2020) https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid19-new-test-kits-swab-three-hours-12505658